Thursday, March 5, 2009

List Number One- Poetry

Don Sampo
James Hepworth
March 5, 2009
My poetry list
List Number One

Reading
Obama’s inaugural speech
Emily Dickinson's life, poems, and casebooks
The Soul Selects Her Own Society by Emily Dickinson
I Stand here Ironing by Tillie Olsen
Sure Thing by David Ives
Beauty by Jane Martin
No One’s A Mystery by Elizabeth Talent
The Un-National Monument Along the Canadian Border by William Stafford
The Flea by John Donne
A Martian Sends a Postcard Home by Craig Raine
Common Ground by John Daniels
I’m Nobody! Who are You? By Emily Dickinson
We Are Many by Pablo Neruda
Limericks
Epigrams
Shakespearean Sonnet
Curse
Haiku
Masami Haiku
Chapters 19 through 22 about Song, Sound, Rhythm, and Closed Form

Writing
My Epigram
My Curse
My Sonnet
My Limerick
I’m Somebody! Who are You?
My Haiku
Masami Haiku rewritten
My inaugural speech
Response to Obama’s inaugural speech
Response to the Flea
My Love Poem
Jim’s Valentine
Response to the Un-National Monument Along the Canadian Border
Response to Beauty
Response to Sure Thing
Response to I Stand Here Ironing
Response to No One’s A Mystery


Video
Team Group Video Poem
Haiku Outdoors

Extra Credit
Response to Common Ground

Attendance
I had perfect attendance, and I was never late for class.

Speaking
My contribution to the class was fair.

This has been a fun class, and I have learned a lot about literature that I didn’t even know existed until now. Imagine that, I can do better at reading and writing. I am more inclined to read, learn, and study more now than before. Jim has opened my eyes to new perspectives and points of view. I wish that I felt the same way about the rest of my classes. I worked hard on all of the assignments to the best of my ability. My group worked hard also. We talked about it, and we deserve 20 points for poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment