Friday, March 27, 2009

Brothers

Don Sampo
James Hepworth
English 150
March 27, 2009
My story

Brothers

There was a boy named, Tony. He was rebellious, and he was always starved for attention. He would do things like break furniture, appliances, or kitchenware. Sometimes Tony would yell or fight against other people to get attention. He was the third born sibling, so he thought the attention from my parents wasn’t enough.
I remember playing baseball when I was a kid, and my brother didn’t want to play by the rules. He always wanted to be the winner. Tony and I would usually fight each other with our fists. My father used to say, “if you choose to fight each other, at least go outside and fight.” My dad was concerned, but he knew we had to work it out between ourselves. Sometimes Tony would use a weapon of some kind to hurt me, but I was bigger, faster, and smarter so I wouldn’t usually get injured.
There seemed to be a lot of competition between us about sports, girls, and parties. My brother was jealous of me, because I was older and received more attention from my parents. Sometimes we would hurt one another pretty bad like stabs from knives. Even though my brother and I fought a lot during childhood, we still managed to end up best of friends now. It is funny because I never had that much rivalry with my other brothers, Dave and Peter. We always seemed to get along just fine. Sometimes growing up can be difficult, but people’s attitudes and feelings change later in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment